Sunday, July 5, 2009

Living the Life I Imagined

do you ever feel like everything is just perfect and you're right where you want to be? i look around me and see my husband, our new house, my stamping hobby - it all gives me such joie de vivre! i feel like i've suddenly grown up over the past few years. suddenly i'm married, i live in a house we bought (after an eternity of renting) and i'm such a happy camper. sigh.... this all has nothing to do with what i'm gonna show you, i just felt like sharing my warm fuzzies. (grin!)

Caardvarks is a site you should check out if you've never seen it before. they have 2 challenges a month - on the 5th and 20th. and you know what a challenge freak i have become! being the 5th today, i've got a second post for the day to show ya the card i worked on today. it started with a sketch to follow, and i had an idea in my head of where i was going with it... something went haywire and i ended up spending FOREVER making the #$^(&%^$ card!! i just couldn't get happy about it. but i think the final outcome is not too bad. it's quite a dark colour scheme. but since my cards from earlier today were so bright and chipper i don't mind that this one is completely different! here is the sketch challenge for today:
and here's what i got out of it:

i love the purple satin ribbon - it kinda looks blue here, but trust me, it's really purple! so many elements went into this card! no wonder it took me forever to finish. have a great evening!

stuff used:
paper...
EK Success - Jayna card (blue notecard & envelope w/ seal)
green vellum
sparkle green and grass green cs
Magenta - maruyama blue mesh 'paper'
stamps...
Tim Holtz Visual Artistry - Life's Possibilities
Inkadinkadoo - Wellspring flourishes
Hero Arts - polkadot & italian poetry backgrounds
ink...
Brilliance - victorian violet & moonlight white
Tim Holtz distress - peeled paint
extras...
Flourishes - purple satin ribbon
Forever in Time - purple buttons
Fiskars - wave scissors
Colorbok - chipboard button
EK Success - corner rounder punch
Slice - basics 1 design card

cheers!
crafty girl

10 comments:

  1. I love the card. The colors are awesome and I love your buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW... I love it - lovely - so much wonderful detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the ribbon ... and what a great sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well i certainly know the feeling of having a project not turn out how i expected/wanted...BUT...i cannot possibly imagine how you'd be less than 100% happy with this bold, dramatic, layery, FABULOUS card!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! I love all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So elegant and richly embellished! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete